Frequently Asked Questions
Getting Started with Transfix
- How do I sign up with Transfix?
You can easily sign-up online.
A member of our team will then follow up with you to complete the onboarding process and assist with any questions you may have. To expedite the Compliance review process, we recommend gathering the following paperwork when you sign-up:
- Authority letter
- Certificate of Insurance
- Three references
- W9 and factoring company information, if needed
All of this paperwork is required before you can begin hauling loads with Transfix. If you use a factoring company, you will be asked to provide a copy of your Notice of Assignment as well.
- How much does it cost to use all of Transfix’s tools?
Transfix is completely free to all carriers to use.
- What kind of equipment do I need to work with Transfix?
We currently have loads for the following types of equipment:
- Dry van
- Power Only
- Can I sign up through the Transfix mobile app?
No, you must sign up through a web browser here to get started.
- How do I view and accept loads?
First, you must fill out an application to be a carrier in our network. A member of our team will reach out to you to verify your business and insurance information.
- What is My Lanes?
My Lanes is a featuring within our FMS we offer that helps give carriers access to more consistent freight that matches their preferences. Once approved to haul with Transfix, carriers can share their lane preferences directly and receive automatic instant alerts when a matching load is available.
- What is a Reserved Load?
Reserved Load is a load you have exclusive access to for 60 minutes. To earn Reserved Loads, share your lane preferences with My Lanes and we’ll instantly alert you when a matching load is available. Over time based on your performance and history with Transfix, you may be upgraded to earn Reserved Loads.
- How do I qualify for Reserved Loads?
Once you add your preferences with My Lanes and start running loads with us, we’ll automatically evaluate you for Reserved Loads. Based on your performance and history with us, we’ll let you know if you’ve earned them for a given lane.
Using the Transfix Mobile App
- How can I download the app?
For Android phones, visit the Google Play store and download the Transfix app.
For iPhones, visit the Apple App store and download the Transfix app.
Tracking & Tracing
- What is Transfix tracking policy?
Tracking must happen throughout the entirety of all shipments. Tracking begins at time of dispatch and consistent location information must be sent until delivery.
- What will happen if a shipment is not tracked?
Failure to track on a Transfix shipment may result in:
- Frequent tracking update notifications/calls/emails
- Removal from the load
- Lost detention
- Customer fines
- Fewer opportunities to book with Transfix
- How can carriers enable tracking with Transfix?
Transfix offers the following tracking options:
- Who can I contact for assistance with tracking?
For assistance with tracking please contact us at 929-293-0360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Accessorials
- How do I get paid and check payment status for my load?
After you have delivered your first load with us, you will receive an email from our payment partner TriumphPay with a link to secure.triumphpay.com to create your account. Select Transfix, Inc. as your broker, and authenticate the relationship. After creating your account, select your preferred method of payment and verify those details.
- What are the payment terms?
Once the POD is approved, payment is issued on standard 30-day terms. TriumphPay also offers QuickPay, allowing payment to be processed 2 days after your BOL is approved, with a 2% fee applied.
- What is QuickPay?
QuickPay allows payment to be processed 2 days after your Proof of Delivery (POD) is approved. You can select QuickPay or choose our 30-day fee free payment terms with TriumphPay.
- My BOL was rejected. What now?
TriumphPay will notify you right away if there is ever an issue with the paperwork you submit as Proof of Delivery (POD). Common reasons for POD rejection include:
- Blurriness – the team is unable to read the information from your image
- Incomplete paperwork – missing pages or accessorial receipts
- Wrong paperwork – the paperwork submitted has the wrong load number and date
- How do I get set up with ACH/Direct Deposit payment?
After creating your TriumphPay account, select your preferred method of payment and verify those details.
- Does Transfix work with factoring companies?
Yes, our partner TriumphPay works with factoring companies. Please upload your Notice of Assignment in your TriumphPay portal to have your factoring set up for Transfix loads with your existing contract.
- What accessorials does Transfix pay?
- Where applicable, we offer the following accessorials on a shipment by shipment basis:
- Out-of-route Miles
- Driver Assist
- Extra Weight
- How can I contact Transfix?
Our Accounting Team is happy to assist with any questions you may have. Please email email@example.com. You can also reach our team by phone at 929-293-0395.
- What is Transfix FMS?
Transfix FMS is a software tool offered by Transfix to help dispatchers more easily manage their entire fleet in one place from anywhere. You can view your upcoming schedule, add and assign loads, share load details with drivers, and more.
- Can I manage my non-Transfix loads with this tool?
Yes. You can manage all of your loads with Transfix FMS, including those not associated with Transfix.
- How much does it cost?
Transfix FMS is available for free.
- Is my data safe?
- How is my data used?
Transfix does not sell, trade, rent, or monetize business data. We do anonymize and aggregate data to provide customized load recommendations to help carriers grow their business.
- Where should I go if I have more questions?
You can contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to answer any questions you have.