Collection of Information.
When You register to access or use the Services either through the website or mobile application (each an “Application”), the Application obtains Your contact information, upon registration. Transfix may also collect information about you via telephone, email communications, or from your mobile device.
Additionally, Transfix may collect and store the following types of information, which includes, but is not limited to:
- (i) Your contact information (name, postal address, phone number, email address);
- (ii) Information about Your company and employees (legal name, business address, business phone number);
- (iii) Username and password for Your account established on Our Applications;
- (iv) Location information (for example, the real-time geographic location of the device on which You install or access the Applications, or device You allow Transfix to collect location information from to provide the Services;
- (v) Information You provide when You contact or communicate with Transfix;
- (vi) Other details that You may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to Transfix by third parties.
When You access or use the website or mobile application, Transfix may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies. “Cookies” are small amounts of information that are stored by your browser on your device’s hard drive which uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser; a “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. The Information the Applications may collect include, but are not limited to information about (i) the device(s) You use to access the internet (including the IP address, unique device ID, browser type and operating system), and (ii) Your actions or the way you use the Applications.
Use of Your Information.
Transfix may use your information to:
- (i) Register, manage and maintain Your account, which allows You to access and use Services and Applications;
- (ii) Provide, maintain, improve and troubleshoot our Services, including the Applications, any location services we provide to users, and internal operations;
- (iii) Facilitate communications between You and Transfix;
- (iv) Enable You to communicate with Transfix;
- (v) Enable Transfix to communicate with You via phone or text message, in order to provide updates, features and offers to the Services and Applications;
- (vi) Customize the manner in which You use the Services, including the Applications;
- (vii) Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- (viii) Enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- (ix) Comply with all applicable legal requirements and industry standards and Transfix policies.
Sharing Your Information.
Transfix does not sell, trade or rent personal information. We do not share Your personal information with any third party for their direct marketing purposes without Your consent. Transfix may share Your information (including personal information and location data) with other users of Transfix Services only as necessary to perform the Services.
Transfix may also share information we collect from You:
- (ii) With Our service providers, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to third parties that provide device location services as described below.
- (iii) With other users as needed to render the Services.
- (iv) With law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties if Transfix believes disclosure is in accordance with or otherwise required by applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- (v) If Transfix believes disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of Transfix, Our users or others, and investigate suspected or actual illegal activity.
- (vi) Following notification and Your consent.
- (vii) In the event Transfix sells, merges or transfers all or a portion of its business our assets, Transfix may transfer Your information to such entity.
- (viii) In aggregate and/or anonymous form which cannot be reasonable used to identify you.
Your access and use of third party services through our Applications may be subject to additional terms and conditions and privacy policies. Please refer to such third parties’ sites for any additional terms and policies governing such services.
- a. Account Information. You may edit your account information at any time by accessing your account or contacting Transfix at firstname.lastname@example.org. Transfix will comply with Your requests to access, correct or delete any of Your information stored by Transfix in accordance with applicable law. You reserve the right to stop any collection of information by uninstalling the mobile application, ceasing use of the website and terminating your account with Transfix. Please note that following uninstallation and termination of Your account Transfix may still retain certain information associated with Your account.
- b. Access to Your Device Location. Transfix, or one of our service providers, may seek Your permission to track the geographic location of your device specific to performing the Services.Your location is tracked either through the mobile application in which You opt-in to allow access to the location of your mobile device, or by providing consent to allow one of our third party service providers to access and track your location through your mobile device, subject to the Location Terms and Conditions.
At any time You have the right to discontinue providing Transfix the geographic location of Your device by disabling location access on Your device, refusing to provide consent to location services or revoking your consent by texting STOP to 84787 or by calling 646-844-2200. However, disabling location access or refusing the location services will limit your use of the Services or prevent Transfix’s ability to perform the Services.
- c. Text Messaging. As part of the Services, You agree to receive text messages. You can opt out of receiving text messages by texting the word STOP to the number in which you received the text message on your mobile device; however, opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the Services. Please refer to the Text Messaging Terms and Conditions for more information.
- d. Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable existing cookies. However, disabling cookies might limit your access and use of the Services.
- f. Do Not Track Requests. Currently, Our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair Your use of the Applications.
Last updated November 21, 2017, v3
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks Your browser to store on Your device in order to remember information about You, such as Your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by Us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the Transfix website “Our Website” – for Our advertising and marketing efforts.
- (i) Assisting navigation of the Our Website;
- (ii) Assisting in registration to use Our demos and white papers, and to login to Our Website;
- (iii) Analyzing Your use of Our Website and the products, services or applications offered on Our Website;
- (iv) Assisting with Our promotional and marketing efforts. (including behavioral advertising).
Below is a detailed list of the cookies We use on Our Website. We will use reasonable efforts to update this list as Our cookies changes. We classify cookies in the following categories: Strictly Necessary Cookies and Performance Cookies. You can opt-out certain cookies (except strictly necessary cookies) as explained further below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be turned off in Our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by You which amount to a request for information or services, such as logging in or filling in forms on Our Website. You can set Your browser to block or alert You about these cookies, but some parts of the Website will not then work and might impede proper Use of Our Services. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. When you log-into your account on Transfix, We capture Your log-in and user information in order to provide access to Our Website and utilize Our services and applications.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use Our Website, for instance, the number of visits, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so We can measure and improve the performance of Our site. If You do not allow these cookies We will not know when You have visited Our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance. Transfix utilizes Google Analytics to measure how users interact with Our Website. You can opt-out by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out tool available on the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Applicable to EU Data Subjects
Transfix does not currently offer our products and services outside US and Canada. While We do not seek personal information from persons located in the EU (“EU Data Subjects”), if You provide Us such information, Transfix generally relies on the following legal bases to process it:
1. Performance of the Services. The use of Your information may be necessary to perform the Services. For example, if You utilize the Transfix website or mobile applications, We will use Your information to carry out Our contractual obligations or to provide those services.
2. Legitimate interests. We use Your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide You with the best content through Our website and communications with users and the public, to improve and promote Our products and services, and for administrative, security, fraud prevention and legal purposes.
3. Consent. We may rely on Your consent to use Your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes, such as sending You updates about our products and services. You may withdraw Your consent at any time through the unsubscribe feature provided with each marketing email or by contacting us at email@example.com
In addition, EU Data Subjects may be entitled to the following rights with regard to Your personal information and data:
- Right of access to Your personal data, to know what information about You We hold
- Right to correct any incorrect or incomplete personal data about Yourself that We hold
- Right to restrict/suspend our processing of Your personal data
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority if you believe your privacy rights are being violated
Additional rights that may apply to You in certain instances:
- Right of data portability (if Our processing is based on consent and automated means)
- Right to withdraw consent at any time (if processing is based on consent)
- Right to object to processing (if processing is based on legitimate interests)
- Right to object to processing of Your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Right of erasure of Your personal data from our system (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met
For EU data subjects to exercise privacy rights, they can email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “EU Data Subjects- Privacy” in the subject line.
We generally retain personal information as long as necessary for the purposes for which it is collected, provided that We may need to retain certain personal information after such purposes are fulfilled to comply with legal and accounting obligations.