Transfix is committed to protecting your privacy. Transfix maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist in protecting the information We collect from You against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure, and Transfix does not guarantee that the security measures in place will prevent all potential security breaches.
Regardless of where the servers we use are located, your personal data may be processed by us in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may or may not be to the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. BY VISITING THE SITE AND USING THE SERVICE, YOU UNEQUIVOCALLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES OF ANY INFORMATION COLLECTED OR OBTAINED BY US THROUGH VOLUNTARY SUBMISSIONS, AND, TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE, THAT U.S. LAW GOVERNS ANY SUCH COLLECTION AND PROCESSING.
1. Collection of Information.
When You register to access or use the Services either through the website or mobile application (each an “Application”), the Application obtains Your contact information, upon registration. Transfix may also collect information about you via telephone, email communications, or from your mobile device.
Additionally, Transfix may collect and store the following types of information, which includes, but is not limited to:
- (i) Your contact information (name, postal address, phone number, email address);
- (ii) Information about Your company and employees (legal name, business address, business phone number);
- (iii) Username and password for Your account established on Our Applications;
- (iv) Location information (for example, the real-time geographic location of the device on which You install or access the Applications, or device You allow Transfix to collect location information from to provide the Services;
- (v) Information You provide when You contact or communicate with Transfix;
- (vi) Other details that You may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to Transfix by third parties.
When You access or use the website or mobile application, Transfix may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies. “Cookies” are small amounts of information that are stored by your browser on your device’s hard drive which uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser; a “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. The Information the Applications may collect include, but are not limited to information about (i) the device(s) You use to access the internet (including the IP address, unique device ID, browser type and operating system), and (ii) Your actions or the way you use the Applications.
2. Use of Your Information.
Transfix may use your information to:
- (i) Register, manage and maintain Your account, which allows You to access and use Services and Applications;
- (ii) Provide, maintain, improve and troubleshoot our Services, including the Applications, any location services we provide to users, and internal operations;
- (iii) Facilitate communications between You and Transfix;
- (iv) Enable You to communicate with Transfix;
- (v) Enable Transfix to communicate with You via phone or text message, in order to provide updates, features and offers to the Services and Applications;
- (vi) Customize the manner in which You use the Services, including the Applications;
- (vii) Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- (viii) Enforce our Terms of Service
- (ix) Comply with all applicable legal requirements and industry standards and Transfix policies.
3. Sharing Your Information.
Transfix does not sell, trade or rent personal information. We do not share Your personal information with any third party for their direct marketing purposes without Your consent. Transfix may share Your information (including personal information and location data) with other users of Transfix Services only as necessary to perform the Services. You represent and warrant that the information You provide to Transfix is correct and current.
Transfix may also share information we collect from You:
- (ii) With Our service providers, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to third parties that provide device location services as described below.
- (iii) With other users as needed to render the Services.
- (iv) With law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties if Transfix believes disclosure is in accordance with or otherwise required by applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- (v) If Transfix believes disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of Transfix, Our users or others, and investigate suspected or actual illegal activity.
- (vi) Following notification and Your consent.
- (vii) In the event Transfix undergoes a merger, acquisition, sale of all or a portion of its business our assets, reorganization, or other change of control, Transfix may transfer Your information to such entity.
- (viii) In aggregate and/or anonymous form which cannot be reasonably used to identify you.
4. Your rights.
- a. Account Information. You may edit your account information at any time by accessing your account or contacting Transfix at firstname.lastname@example.org. Transfix will comply with Your requests to access, correct, or delete any of Your information stored by Transfix in accordance with applicable law. You reserve the right to stop any collection of information by uninstalling the mobile application, ceasing use of Our website, and terminating your account with Transfix. Please note that following uninstallation and termination of Your account Transfix may still retain certain information associated with Your account.
- b. Access to Your Device Location. Transfix, or one of our service providers, may seek Your permission to track the geographic location of your device specific to performing the Services.
Your location is tracked either through the mobile application in which You opt-in to allow access to the location of your mobile device, or by providing consent to allow one of our third party service providers to access and track your location through your mobile device, subject to the Location Service Terms and Conditions, available here https://transfix.io/terms-of-service/, below the Terms of Service.
At any time You have the right to discontinue providing Transfix the geographic location of Your device by disabling location access on Your device, refusing to provide consent to location services when prompted, revoking your consent by texting STOP to 84787, or by calling 646-844-2200. However, disabling, or refusing to grant, location access to the location services will limit your use of the Services or prevent Transfix’s ability to perform the Services.
c. Text Messaging. As part of the Services, You agree to receive text messages. You can opt out of receiving text messages by texting the word STOP to the number in which you received the text message on your mobile device; however, opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the Services. Please refer to the Text Messaging Terms and Conditions, available here https://transfix.io/terms-of-service/, below the Terms of Service, for more information.
- d. Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable existing cookies. However, disabling cookies might limit your access and use of the Services.
Transfix utilizes Google Analytics to measure how users interact with Our Website. If You have given consent to cookies, Our Service uses Google Analytics, provided by Google, LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 (“Google”). These services may collect information regarding the use of other websites, apps and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and opt-out by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also use MixPanel, provided by Mixpanel, Inc., One Front Street, 28th Floor, San Francisco, California 94111 (“Mixpanel”) to collect and process certain analytics data. More information about MixPanel’s data practices may be found online at https://mixpanel.com/privacy/. You may be able to opt-out of some, or all, of MixPanel analytics here, to https://mixpanel.com/optout/.
Finally, We use FullStory, provided by Fullstory, Inc. 1745 Peachtree Street, NW Ste G, Atlanta, Georgia 30309 (“FullStory”) to collect information regarding visitor behavior on some of our Services. More information about FullStory and its privacy practices can be found at https://www.fullstory.com/legal/privacy/. You may be able to opt-out of some, or all, of FullStory’s collection and processing of data generated by Your use of the Services by going to https://www.fullstory.com/optout/.
We also use third-party verification and authentication technologies to authenticate the users of Our Applications. Such technologies may use Your user mobile phone number and Your device ID to send authentication tokens, such as an SMS message or code to Your mobile device, to authenticate Your access and use of the Applications.
- f. Do Not Track Requests. Currently, Our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair Your use of the Applications.
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks Your browser to store on Your device in order to remember information about You, such as Your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by Us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the Transfix website “Our Website” – for Our advertising and marketing efforts.
- (i) Assisting navigation of the Our Website;
- (ii) Assisting in registration to use Our demos and white papers, and to login to Our Website;
- (iii) Analyzing Your use of Our Website and the products, services or applications offered on Our Website;
- (iv) Assisting with Our promotional and marketing efforts. (including behavioral advertising).
Below is a detailed list of the cookies We use on Our Website. We will use reasonable efforts to update this list as Our cookies changes. We classify cookies in the following categories: Strictly Necessary Cookies and Performance Cookies. You can opt-out certain cookies (except strictly necessary cookies) as explained further below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be turned off in Our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by You which amount to a request for information or services, such as logging in or filling in forms on Our Website. You can set Your browser to block or alert You about these cookies, but some parts of the Website will not then work and might impede proper Use of Our Services. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. When you log-into your account on Transfix, We capture Your log-in and user information in order to provide access to Our Website and utilize Our services and applications.
Applicable to EU Data Subjects
Transfix does not currently offer our products and services outside US and Canada. While We do not seek personal information from persons residing in the EU (“EU Data Subjects”), if You provide Us such information, Transfix, as a data controller, generally relies on the following legal bases to process it:
1. Performance of the Services. The use of Your information may be necessary to perform the Services. For example, if You utilize the Transfix website or mobile applications, We will use Your information to carry out Our contractual obligations or to provide those services.
2. Legitimate interests. We use Your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide You with the best content through Our website and communications with users and the public, to improve and promote Our products and services, and for administrative, security, fraud prevention and legal purposes.
3. Consent. We may rely on Your consent to use Your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes, such as sending You updates about our products and services. You may withdraw Your consent at any time through the unsubscribe feature provided with each marketing email or by contacting us at email@example.com. You understand that by withdrawing Your consent, We may no longer be able to provide Our products or perform certain aspects of the services, and, in this instance, You agree not to file suit against Us, or make a claim or complaint against us for Our failure to perform.
4. To Comply with a Legal Obligation. We may also use your information as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
In addition, EU Data Subjects may be entitled to the following rights with regard to Your personal information and data:
- Right of access to Your personal data, to know what information about You We hold
- Right to correct any incorrect or incomplete personal data about Yourself that We hold
- Right to restrict/suspend our processing of Your personal data
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority if you believe your privacy rights are being violated
Additional rights that may apply to You in certain instances:
- Right of data portability (if Our processing is based on consent and automated means)
- Right to withdraw consent at any time (if processing is based on consent)
- Right to object to processing (if processing is based on legitimate interests)
- Right to object to processing of Your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Right of erasure of Your personal data from our system (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met
For EU data subjects to exercise privacy rights, they can email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “EU Data Subjects- Privacy” in the subject line.
We generally retain personal information as long as necessary for the purposes for which it is collected, provided that We may need to retain certain personal information after such purposes are fulfilled to comply with legal and accounting obligations.
We may, from time to time, share Your personal data with Our service providers to the extent necessary to deliver the services that You request of us. Before doing so, We shall enter into a written agreement with them with terms no less onerous than appearing in this policy. Prior to transferring Your personal data to another country, to the extent required under the GDPR, We shall utilize appropriate safeguards as required by Article 46 of the GDPR. To the extent applicable, such countries to which we transfer personal data will provide an essentially equivalent level of protection to that the personal data of EU Data Subjects receives when it is being processed within the EU, or we will implement supplemental measures to provide the same.
We do not employ automated decision making in Our processing of Your personal data.
Applicable to California Residents
We currently offer Our products and services throughout the United States and Canada. Because of this, We may, from time to time, collect and process the personal data of individuals residing in California and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) may apply to Us. To the extent that the CCPA applies to Us, We are considered a business and You, as an individual, are considered a consumer. As a business, We collect and disclose the following categories of personal data from You: identifiers; personal information under California Civil Code §1798.80; geolocation data; internet/network activity; and professional and employment related data. We collect and disclose this data for the following purposes only: to provide You with the Our products and/or services and the administrative tasks associated with doing so; for Our own internal needs, such as improving Our services; and to evaluate the security features of Our system. WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL DATA UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT, DISCLOSE, OR SELL THE PERSONAL DATA OF ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18), AND WILL PROMPTLY DELETE ANY SUCH DATA THAT WE DISCOVER IN OUR POSSESSION.
As a consumer under the CCPA, You may have the following rights with respect to Your personal data: to be informed; deletion; to opt out of sale (if applicable) or to opt in to sale (if a minor, and if applicable); to receive your data in a format that allows for transmission to third parties; and to not be discriminated against by Us in the event that You exercise one of Your rights. You may submit Your requests to Us by emailing us at email@example.com and or by calling us at 646.844.2200. Upon Our ability to reasonably verify the Your identity, We will respond to Your request within forty-five days, and contact You in the event that We reasonably need more time.
We maintain reasonable technical, physical, and administrative security practices, including industry standard encryption, to protect Your personal data from unauthorized access, modification, or deletion, as well as its integrity and confidentiality. Except where necessary to comply with applicable law or our other legal and/or accounting needs, We will not keep Your personal data beyond the earlier of Your request to delete it, or it no longer being necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
Children and Privacy
We do not knowingly permit users to register for our Service if they are under 13 years old, and therefore do not request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 13 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information from our files in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 13 who has provided personally identifiable information to us without your approval, please inform us by contacting us at the email address below and we will remove such information from our database. We comply with all applicable privacy laws regarding the collection of personal information from minors, including the GDPR, CCPA, and COPPA.
Let’s create real industry change, together.
With decades of freight experience & leading technology, we’re ready to solve your freight shipping needs.